Sunday, January 1, 2012

Two Thousand And Eleven = AWESOME!!!

*Yup! So I'm gonna blog the good times of 2011*

Alhamdulillah...
2011 was indeed a good one.
In January, I started working again as a Senior Assistant Registrar at the Muamalat High Court in Kuala Lumpur after completing my 12 months CIFP course. It was actually killing two birds with one stone as INCEIF agreed to allow me (and my dearest Deputy Registrar) to complete our 6 months articleship at the Courts. I was so rusty and the new Court Management System was so strange but my dearest colleagues were always ever so helpful to help me get on my way. Thank you so much you all!!! *wave*wave*
4th of April marked my third anniversary with the Bride. I couldn’t be more than happy to celebrate it with the Bride and little Chempedak (Click here.)
Throughout January to September I was always keeping myself busy with all the Judicial work etc. There was a Judicial Officers Conference somewhere in the year and Kuala Lumpur managed to win the best show for that night. It was a pantomime of the olden days at the Courts and the future. The best thing about it was that it was participated by about 30  officers ranging from Senior Assistant Registrar, Deputy Registrar, Magistrate and Session’s Court Judges. AND most importantly, people enjoyed it. Little did I know it was going to be my last conference in the Judicial and Legal Service.
Sometime in June I got an offer which I duly accepted. An offer to change my career from the public sector to the private sector. Alhamdulillah, the transition was smooth and I didn’t burn any bridges. I guess I can safely say that my colleagues and bosses in the Service ARE still my buddies now J
In July I was busy completing my report for my Articleship because I needed to submit it before I leave to the You Kay!!! The report was completed in due time, and my mini family and my in-laws were off to some super awesome holiday in Europe together with my sis-in-law. Alhamdulillah, I managed to fulfil the Bride’s childhood desire to go to Disneyland and the Chempedak couldn;t get enough of her Mickey Mouse and friends. Yay! Be sure to read it at the Bride’s blog here. She is currently updating the trip so pandai-pandailah click the continuation. J
Ramadhan passed by so swiftly and I have yet to learn how to manage my ibadah and family timing properly. Having a two year old is no joke!
Mid September observed me to be a new Associate in SKRINE in the Islamic Banking Unit. A place where I am able to apply the theories and education in Islamic Finance into practice.
As usual, I had to take my gastric pills to control the stress of changing jobs, just like how I had to take those pills during exams the previous year.
October saw the Governor of Bank Negara conferring me my CIFP certificate and witnessed by the super tall INCEIF CEO, Daud Vicary, (click here). Man! That guy is super tall! Oh, and I also managed to salam my dad on stage. Dream come true from the day I enrolled as an INCEIF student. J
Hong Kong trip with the Bani Othman was part of December’s activity. The Bride got to go to her second Disneyland! Yay! The Bride would be updating about this trip soon. J
MLJ also published my article Takaful: Background, Branding and Concept [2011] 6 MLJ lxxvi as a Christmas gift to me.
There are many more interesting things that has happened throughout 2011.
Alhamdulillah.
Glory be to Him who gives without limit to whomever He wills.
There were down moments as well but why bother lamenting on the downs when there are so many happy stories to share right?
Hope you all had a good 2011 and may 2012 be even better Insha Allah!
Blog adjourned.

0 obiter dictum: