Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Jaipur Jeopardy

It all started as the Bride got home from work feeling hungry. It was also Malaysia vs. Indonesia (2nd Leg) of the AFF Suzuki Cup Final 2010 that night at 8pm.
Yes. Malaysia loss the match 2-1 but….
WON THE CUP ON 4-2 AGGREGATE!!!!
YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
WELL DONE MY TIGER CUBS! YOU MAKE ME REALLY PROUD!!!!
Anyway, the Bride decided to have a really early dinner.
We left Alisha with her grandparents and drove for an early dinner date. We didn’t know where to go. The Bride suggested Jaipur Curry House. I was thinking of having mee curry elsewhere but that place was close. So off we went to Jaipur.
Luckily parking was not a problem. As we parked, we saw my favourite barber, Mr. Raja. Apparently he was going to Jaipur as well!
Well what do you know? Two Raja’s that I know wants to go to the same restaurant. (Raja is part of the Bride’s name).
Now that’s what I call ‘Great Raja’s think alike.
At Jaipur, I wanted to eat mee rojak. So I asked the mamak for a mee rojak.
Mamak, kasi mee rojak satu.
Mee is mee. Rojak is rojak. Which one do you want?
Aik? Like that is it? ok, then give me rojak then.
Wokeh.
Guess what?
He was just pulling my leg. He brought me my mee rojak.
Selamber buat lawak dengan aku. LoL!
 *The Bride checking her FB whilst eating. Makan janganla belek iphone4 tu. Bau kari kang*

As we were eating, another mamak came to give me the bill.
I gave him the oh-my-God-I’m-so-shocked-to-see-a-mamak look and said:
Aiyo! Saya ingat you police mau kasi saman sebab illegal parking.
He shook his head and replied in such a cool lawyerly manner:
Ini saman Jaipur. Lepas makan sini, sana kasi bayar (pointing towards the counter)
I was dumbstruck. 
I seriously wasn’t expecting his comeback to be this great!
Jaipur got me twice today.
Now that’s what I call Jaipur Jeopardy.
Blog adjourned.

0 obiter dictum: