Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Happy Bubble

Ever since morning, my heart feels so very… lapang. I can’t find the right word for it in English. Expanded? Wide? Broad? Spacious? I don’t know…
It’s like having sunshine all over me.
The feeling is like you have just received very good news.
Marvelous.
It reminded me of the surah Al-Inshirah (surah 94) or what we know as Alam Nashrah Surah. Let me share with you the meaning:

Al-Inshirah – Solace, Consolation, Relief

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
               1. Have We not expanded thee (Prophet Muhammad)  thy breast?-
               2. And removed from thee thy burden
               3. The which did gall thy back?-
               4. And raised high the esteem (in which) thou (art held)?
               5. So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:
               6. Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
               7. Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labour hard,
               8. And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention.

This is really a happy feeling. Considering that no specific event has taken place, I think God is just giving me a reminder of all the things He has already given me bestowed upon me: excellent life, great family, good health etc.

As I write this post, I realize how I have not showed my gratefulness to His Mercy…
Hmmm…
I’m taking this happy feeling as a reminder. I must now be more consistent with the Sunnah prayers in the middle of the night. 
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: “Allah descends every night to the lowest heaven when one-third of the first part of the night is over and says: I am the Lord; I am the Lord: who is there to supplicate Me so that I answer him? Who is there to beg of Me so that I grant him? Who is there to beg forgiveness from Me so that I forgive him? He continues like this till the day breaks.”[From Muslim] @ Book 4, Number 1657.

I like to think of that 25-30 minutes of the night as a date that I have with Him. Before I sleep, I’d pray that He wakes me up for our private date. Sometimes I wake up and thought it’s too early and sleep back again. Thereafter, I’d miss the date altogether.
*sigh* 

Routinely doing something will lead to boredome. Particularly so when we do not know the real meaning to the things that we do. So I implore you to read the prayer series at www.suhaibwebb.com (see http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/how-to-taste-the-sweetness-of-prayer/  )
I assure you that these posts on prayers will change your perception towards prayers. 
SERIOUSLY!!! 
It will make you want to pray and not because you just have to pray to fulfill your obligations.

Now… since I’m still in my happy bubble mode, I think I’m going to go take my passport picture this lunch time J

Blog adjourned.

0 obiter dictum: