Friday, April 29, 2011

Family Familiarity

Something funny happened to me a few months ago.
I was at a function with my family. Someone who works at the same office with my dad (who is also my 2nd uncle by marriage) was also present and coincidentally, we were seated at the same table together with another gentleman.
As I was chit chatting with the other gentleman, he asked me what I was doing. I replied that I was a student and I pouted my mouth towards my 2nd uncle informing the gentleman that my 2nd Uncle was also there.
During this time, my dad was taking food at the buffet spread. 
My 2nd uncle overheard the conversation and he asked me what I was doing. I told him what I was doing. Then he gave the best comment ever… Classic… here’s what he said:
OH, you are there… Your face is not familiarlah. Why don’t you go and ask him (pointing towards my dad). I am sure he would recognize your face.
*blink*blink*blink*

I replied:
I am sure he would sir…. I am most certainly sure…
(In fact, something is very wrong if he did not recognise me. Hahaha!)
That was the end of the conversation I had with my 2nd Uncle for that night. Thereafter, I was too busy trying to control myself not to laugh in front of him. I also dropped the subject and left him clueless as to who I was. I'm sure he does not even know who I am still...
Kelakar gila…
Blog adjourned.

0 obiter dictum: